Don’t Go Swimming After Getting New Ink!

A 31-year-old man kicked the bucket after he overlooked notices about swimming in the wake of getting another tattoo and gotten a substance eating microorganisms contamination in the Gulf of Mexico. The unidentified man, whose case was point by point in the British Medical Journal, had gotten a tattoo on his right calf five days preceding swimming, Metro detailed.

The man had picked a cross and match of imploring hands for his most recent ink, and started experiencing fever, chills and a rash near the tattoo in the wake of swimming, the news outlet announced. He apparently got sepsis in his right calf, which had turned purple when he was admitted to the clinic.

Two weeks after he was placed on life support, his condition further progressed and his kidneys failed, according to Metro. Doctors reportedly believed his years of alcohol abuse left him susceptible to vibriosis infection and septic shock.

While the man’s nationality was not identified, vibriosis causes an estimated 80,000 illnesses and 100 deaths in the U.S. each year. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), patients become infected by consuming raw or undercooked seafood, or by exposing a wound to seawater.

Distributed June 01, 2017 Fox News